Summer is here, and that means it's time to fire up the grill and enjoy delicious outdoor meals with family and friends. Whether you're a seasoned grill master or a novice looking to up your grilling game, having the right grill can make all the difference.
In this blog post, we'll introduce you to the top 5 grills for summer fun, each with its unique features and advantages. So, let's dive in and explore the best options for a sizzling summer!
Best Barbecue Grills (BBQ Grill)
The Cuisinart CCG190RB is a compact and portable charcoal grill that's perfect for those who love the smoky flavor of charcoal-grilled food and want the convenience of a grill they can take on the go. Whether you're planning a camping trip, a day at the beach, or simply want a small grill for your patio, this little grill has a lot to offer.
Key Features of Cuisinart CCG190RB:
- Portable Design: The Cuisinart CCG190RB is designed with portability in mind. It features a compact and lightweight design, with a locking lid and carrying handle. This makes it incredibly easy to transport and store when not in use, making it an excellent choice for picnics, tailgating, and camping trips.
- Grilling Area: Despite its small size, this grill provides a respectable 150 square inches of cooking space. This has enough room to grill up to six burgers or several chicken breasts, making it suitable for small gatherings and family outings.
- Heat Control: The grill has a dual venting system that allows for precise heat control. You can adjust the vents to regulate the temperature inside the grill, allowing you to sear steaks at high heat or slow-cook ribs at lower temperatures. This level of control ensures that you can achieve the perfect char and doneness for your food.
- Durability: The Cuisinart CCG190RB is constructed with durability in mind. It features a porcelain-enameled cooking grate that retains heat effectively and is easy to clean. The grill body is made from durable steel, ensuring that it can withstand the rigors of outdoor use.
- Easy Assembly: Assembling this grill is a breeze, with most users reporting that it can be set up in a matter of minutes. This means you can spend less time fussing with assembly and more time enjoying your favorite grilled dishes.
- Affordability: One of the standout features of the Cuisinart CCG190RB is its affordability. It provides an excellent grilling experience at a budget-friendly price, making it a great option for those who want a reliable charcoal grill without breaking the bank.
- Charcoal Selection: Choose high-quality charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal for the best results when using this grill. The type of charcoal you use can significantly impact the flavor of your grilled food.
- Proper Ventilation: Adjust the vents on the grill to control the airflow and temperature. More air means higher heat, while less air results in lower temperatures. Experiment to find the right balance for your cooking needs.
- Preheat: Like any charcoal grill, preheating is essential. Allow the grill to heat up for about 15-20 minutes before placing your food on the grate for even cooking.
- Cleaning: After each use, clean the grill grates and empty the ashes to keep your grill in good condition and ready for your next barbecue adventure.
Why we like it: The Cuisinart CCG190RB is an excellent choice for individuals and small groups looking for a portable and affordable charcoal grill. Its compact size, durability, and heat control features make it a versatile and reliable option for outdoor grilling adventures. Whether you're a seasoned griller or a beginner, this grill is sure to enhance your outdoor cooking experience.
The Royal Gourmet PD1301S is a versatile and powerful propane gas grill that caters to outdoor cooking enthusiasts, from beginners to seasoned grill masters. This grill offers an array of features and benefits that make it an attractive choice for those looking to elevate their grilling game. Let's dive into some of its standout features and usage tips:
Key Features of Royal Gourmet PD1301S:
- Large Cooking Area: The Royal Gourmet PD1301S boasts a generous 389 square inches of primary cooking space, perfect for preparing a variety of dishes simultaneously. Additionally, it includes a 127 square-inch warming rack, ideal for keeping food hot or toasting buns.
- Three Burners: With three independently adjustable stainless steel burners, this grill offers precise temperature control. You can create different heat zones, allowing you to sear steaks on high heat while slow-cooking vegetables on a lower setting.
- High BTU Output: The grill's total BTU output is an impressive 36,000, ensuring that it can quickly reach and maintain high temperatures. This is particularly useful for searing and achieving perfect grill marks on your meats.
- Porcelain-Coated Grates: The grates are porcelain-coated, which not only enhances durability but also provides excellent heat retention and distribution. This results in even cooking and prevents food from sticking to the grates.
- Foldable Side Tables: The two foldable side tables offer convenient prep space and can be collapsed when the grill is not in use, saving space on your patio or deck.
- Easy Ignition: The electronic ignition system ensures a quick and hassle-free start, eliminating the need for matches or lighters.
- Built-in Thermometer: The built-in temperature gauge on the lid allows you to monitor the cooking temperature without constantly opening the grill, helping you achieve perfectly cooked dishes.
- Preheat: Always preheat your grill before cooking. This helps to burn off any residue from previous sessions and ensures that the grates are hot and ready for searing.
- Propane Tank Safety: When attaching or disconnecting the propane tank, make sure the grill's burners and control knobs are turned off. Check for gas leaks using a soapy water solution to ensure there are no bubbles indicating a leak.
- Grease Management: Keep the grease tray and pan clean to prevent flare-ups and grease fires. Regularly empty and clean these components after each use.
- Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance such as cleaning the grates and burners, checking for rust, and ensuring that all parts are in good working condition. This will prolong the life of your grill and maintain its performance.
- Accessories: Consider adding accessories like a grill cover, grill brush, and grill tools to enhance your grilling experience and protect your investment.
Why we like it: The Royal Gourmet PD1301S is a feature-rich gas grill that offers a spacious cooking area, precise heat control, and convenient extras like foldable side tables. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or simply grilling up dinner for your family, this grill is designed to meet your needs. With proper care and maintenance, it can provide years of enjoyable outdoor cooking experiences.
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 is a highly versatile and portable propane grill designed for outdoor enthusiasts who love cooking on the go. This grill is part of Coleman's popular RoadTrip series, known for its compact design, ease of use, and impressive cooking capabilities. Here's a closer look at some of the notable features and tips for making the most of your Coleman RoadTrip 285:
Key Features of Coleman RoadTrip 285:
- Portable and Compact Design: The RoadTrip 285 is engineered for portability. It features a collapsible design with two large wheels and a comfortable handle for easy transport. When folded, it becomes compact and can be stored in the trunk of your car or an RV.
- Dual Burners: This grill comes with two independently adjustable burners, allowing you to create different temperature zones on the cooking surface. You can simultaneously cook different types of food at varying heat levels.
- Large Cooking Area: With a 285-square-inch cooking surface, the grill provides ample space to cook for a small group or family. It's suitable for grilling burgers, steaks, vegetables, and more.
- Even Heat Distribution: The grates on the RoadTrip 285 are made of cast iron and coated with porcelain, ensuring even heat distribution and excellent heat retention. This results in consistent cooking results and beautiful grill marks.
- Instant Ignition: The InstaStart ignition system eliminates the need for matches or lighters. Simply turn the knob, and the burners will ignite quickly and safely.
- Integrated Thermometer: The built-in thermometer on the lid helps you monitor the cooking temperature without lifting the lid, allowing you to maintain precise control over your grilling.
- Interchangeable Cooking Surfaces: Coleman offers various interchangeable cooking surfaces, such as griddles and stovetop grates, that can be used with the RoadTrip 285. This adds versatility to your outdoor cooking experience.
- Propane Tank Safety: Always check for gas leaks when connecting or disconnecting the propane tank. You can do this by applying a soapy water solution to the connections; if bubbles appear, there is a leak. Also, ensure the burners and control knobs are in the “off” position when attaching or removing the tank.
- Preheat: Like any grill, preheat the RoadTrip 285 before cooking. This not only ensures that the cooking grates are hot and ready but also helps to burn off any residue from previous grilling sessions.
- Maintenance: Regularly clean the cooking grates and grease tray to prevent flare-ups and maintain the grill's performance. Coleman provides instructions on how to clean and care for the grill in the user manual.
- Accessories: Consider investing in compatible accessories such as a griddle or carry bag to expand the capabilities and convenience of your Coleman RoadTrip 285.
- Storage: When not in use, store the grill in a cool, dry place. If possible, cover it with a grill cover to protect it from the elements.
Why we like it: The Coleman RoadTrip 285 is an excellent choice for those who love outdoor adventures and want a reliable and portable grill. Whether you're camping, tailgating, or simply enjoying a day at the beach, this grill offers convenience, versatility, and the ability to create delicious grilled meals wherever you go.
The Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill is a game-changer when it comes to outdoor cooking. Known for its versatility and user-friendly design, this grill has gained a massive following among outdoor cooking enthusiasts and professional chefs alike. Let's delve into some of the notable features and tips for getting the most out of your Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill:
Key Features of Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill:
- Expansive Cooking Surface: The Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill offers a large cooking surface, typically ranging from 28 to 36 inches in width. This wide and flat griddle provides ample space for cooking multiple items simultaneously, making it ideal for preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner all on one surface.
- Multiple Burners: Depending on the model, the grill is equipped with multiple independently adjustable burners, usually made of stainless steel. These burners ensure even heat distribution across the griddle surface, allowing you to create different temperature zones for various cooking techniques.
- Electric Ignition: Most Blackstone grills come with a convenient electric ignition system, eliminating the need for matches or lighters. You can start cooking with just the push of a button.
- Built-in Grease Management: The grill features a rear grease management system that funnels excess grease into a removable grease tray. This not only simplifies cleanup but also minimizes flare-ups during cooking.
- Durability: Blackstone griddles are built to last, with a sturdy and rugged design. The cooking surface is typically made of cold-rolled steel, which can handle high cooking temperatures and is easy to maintain.
- Portability: While larger models are designed for stationary outdoor use, Blackstone also offers portable griddle options with foldable legs and wheels, making them suitable for camping trips, tailgating, and picnics.
- Seasoning: Before your first use and periodically thereafter, it's essential to season the griddle surface. Seasoning involves applying a layer of cooking oil and heating the griddle to create a non-stick coating. This not only improves food release but also helps prevent rust.
- Preheat: Always preheat your griddle before cooking. This ensures even cooking and helps prevent sticking. Preheat for about 10-15 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Cooking Utensils: Use appropriate utensils like metal spatulas and tongs for flipping and moving food on the griddle. Wooden or plastic utensils can melt or catch fire at high temperatures.
- Oil or Butter: To enhance flavor and prevent sticking, you can use cooking oil or butter when cooking. Many users recommend keeping a small bottle of oil or a stick of butter on hand for quick application.
- Cleaning: After each use, scrape off food debris and excess oil using a grill scraper or spatula. Wipe down the griddle with a damp cloth or paper towel while it's still warm. Empty and clean the grease tray regularly to prevent buildup.
- Maintenance: Check the propane tank connection and hoses for leaks regularly. Also, inspect the burners and ignition system to ensure they are functioning correctly.
Why we like it: The Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill opens up a world of possibilities for outdoor cooking, from creating restaurant-quality breakfasts to stir-fries and smash burgers. Its versatility, durability, and user-friendly design make it a fantastic addition to any outdoor cooking setup, whether you're a seasoned chef or a backyard enthusiast.
The Weber Original Kettle is an iconic charcoal grill that has been a staple in backyards and on patios for decades. Loved by grill enthusiasts and purists alike, this grill is known for its simple yet effective design and the exceptional flavor it imparts to grilled food. Let's explore the Weber Original Kettle in more detail:
Key Features of Weber Original Kettle:
- Timeless Design: The Weber Original Kettle's design has remained largely unchanged since its introduction in the 1950s. It features a round bowl and lid, a sturdy tripod base, and a handle that allows for easy lid manipulation.
- Large Cooking Area: The grill offers a generous cooking area, typically ranging from 22 to 26 inches in diameter. This size is perfect for grilling a variety of foods, from burgers and steaks to whole chickens and roasts.
- One-Touch Cleaning System: The grill features a one-touch cleaning system, which includes an ash catcher and a lever that sweeps ashes into the catcher for easy disposal. This system simplifies the often-dreaded task of cleaning up after a grilling session.
- Dampers and Vents: The Weber Original Kettle has adjustable dampers and vents on both the lid and the bottom of the grill. These vents allow for precise control of airflow and temperature, making it possible to create different cooking zones and achieve various cooking styles, from high-heat searing to low-and-slow smoking.
- Durability: Weber is known for its build quality, and the Original Kettle is no exception. The grill is constructed from high-quality materials, including a porcelain-enameled bowl and lid, which not only enhance durability but also help retain heat for consistent cooking.
- Grate Options: Weber offers different grate options, such as stainless steel or plated steel cooking grates. Some models even have hinged grates to make adding charcoal or wood chips during cooking easier.
- Charcoal Selection: Choose high-quality charcoal for the best results. Lump charcoal and hardwood charcoal briquettes are popular choices among grilling enthusiasts due to their clean burn and excellent flavor.
- Chimney Starter: Consider using a chimney starter to light your charcoal. It's a quick and efficient way to get your coals hot and ready for cooking, without the need for lighter fluid.
- Indirect Grilling: Learn to use the indirect grilling method. By banking the coals to one side and cooking on the other, you can create a two-zone cooking setup that's perfect for cooking larger cuts of meat or for achieving a crispy skin on poultry.
- Temperature Control: Practice temperature control by adjusting the dampers and vents. The more air you allow, the hotter the fire will become. Closing vents can help lower the temperature for slower cooking.
- Maintenance: Regularly clean the grill grates and ash catcher to prevent grease buildup and ensure proper airflow. Additionally, inspect the grill's vents and dampers to make sure they move freely.
- Accessories: Weber offers a wide range of accessories for the Original Kettle, including rotisserie kits, griddle inserts, and cooking racks. These accessories can expand the capabilities of your grill.
Why we like it: The Weber Original Kettle is a classic grill that has stood the test of time, and it continues to be a favorite among grill enthusiasts for its simplicity, durability, and the mouthwatering flavor it imparts to grilled food. Whether you're a seasoned griller or just starting, the Original Kettle is a reliable and versatile choice for your outdoor cooking needs.
Summer is all about enjoying the great outdoors and savoring delicious grilled meals. With the right grill, you can elevate your summer fun to a whole new level. Whether you prefer the precision of gas grilling, the rich flavor of charcoal, or the versatility of pellet cooking, there's a grill on our list to suit your needs. So, fire up your grill, gather your loved ones, and make this summer a sizzling success with these top 5 grills for summer fun. Happy grilling!